Career History – How it happened

I’ve started my first job way back in 1987. But that is not my career, but an off break jobs to fill the gap between the leisure intervals that got while am studying. My student career spanned until 1996. Well, ofcourse, I’ve been working as and when I get some vacation break or any other kind of time off from my studies. Between 87 and 96, I’ve worked in various industries including, Hotel Industry, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Advertising, News, Training, blah .. blah..

But my actual career started from April 4h 1996, just 2 days after my final exams of B.Sc., completed, ie., April 2nd 1996. I started my career as Faculty for training institute which is far away from my place. Anyhow, I thought that it is a great opportunity for me to explore the different worlds and get used to be away from home. It worked well and later my career took a twist with CMC.

CMC has wing for corporate training. I’ve joined this wing as freelancer and that gave me an opportunity to explore different parts of Andhra Pradesh. While working with CMC, I’ve not only trained various folks but also involved in projects that are developed by their clients. For example I’ve worked with RSTPS, Ramagundam Super Thermal Power Station, one of the coal based power plants of APGENCO. I’ve been there to train the Visual FoxPro, but also involved with them in developing some applications.

Apart of training and developing application, I’ve also involved in project implementation phase too. Hence I could say that my actual career in technology started from 1996 onwards. By April in 2011, I’ve completed 15 Years of my career. During my tenure, I’ve worked at different roles and played with different technologies. As my career started from the days where the technology have seen only the console based application, and specially no GUI (Graphical User Interface) application, most of the early days applications are developed using either COBOL or dBase III+ onwards to Visual Foxpro 2.6.

Later that, my career took a plunge and then started the Visual Basic 3 coding. During that time, the Windows OS has introduced and GUI version of Windows 3 came into picture. I’ve even worked with Windows 3.11, the work group version followed by Windows NT. This is the phase when Microsoft has released the GUI based windows operating system with a title as “Windows 95” which later worked out as “Windows 98”, the longest stable version from Microsoft. It really took long time for Microsoft to introduce Windows XP to eliminate Windows 98 from market’s usage.

While am working with Visual Basic 3, VB 3, the different vendors started using the later versions of Visual Basic, hence I too have to upgrade from VB 3 to 4 and finally landed in VB5. During this period there has come some opportunities for me as ASP developer. As necessity is the mother of invention, to survive in the field of competition, I’ve to live up to the expectations of my bosses. Thus, my career took a turn from Desktop application developer to Web Application developer. I’ve worked with Oracle Forms 2000 and Power Builder 4. Apart of these I’ve also developed application from Classic ASP to ASP 2.0, but not any in ASP 3.0. The only reason is by the time, .NET alpha version released.

As being the member of CMC, I’ve got the full access to all the latest information that is provided by Microsoft to CMC. Apart of that, there evolved a need for .NET training for Board of Intermediate of Andhra Pradesh. When the lead is generated and is given to us, we can never say NO to our bosses. We have to learn and teach the batch. Thus, my first introduction to .NET and currently working in .NET 4

To cut a long story short, the technologies that I have worked includes

  • dBase III +
  • dBase IV
  • FoxPro 2.6
  • Visual FoxPro
  • COBOL
  • Visual Basic 3 / 4 / 5
  • Oracle Forms 2000
  • Power Builder 4
  • Access Forms 97
  • Oracle Database
  • ASP 2
  • VB.NET
  • C#
  • ASP.NET
  • Windows Workflow 3.5
  • WPF applications

No comments: